Are You Feeding Your Dog One Of These 7 Toxic Foods?

Sometimes those big brown eyes and sweet puppy-dog face, can make you want to give your best friend a little reward from the table. But can that reward turn into a poisonous nightmare? Well, that depends on what it is and what's in it. There’s a lot of people food your dog should never eat, some foods are downright dangerous for dogs -- and some of these common foods may surprise you.


Avocados contain persin and It’s fine for people who aren't allergic to it. But too much might cause vomiting or diarrhea in dogs. 


Alcohol has the same effect on a dog’s liver and brain that it has on people. But it takes a lot less to hurt your dog. Just a little can cause vomiting, diarrhea, breathing problems, and even death. And the smaller your dog, the worse it can be.

Onions and Garlic

Onions and garlic can kill your dog’s red blood cells, causing anemia. That includes all variations of the two (raw, cooked, powder, etc.). Eating a lot just one time can cause poisoning. If this occurs look for signs like weakness, vomiting, and breathing problems.

Raisins and Grapes

Grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure in dogs, and just a small amount can make a dog sick. Vomiting is an early sign that something is wrong and within a day, your dog will get sluggish and depressed.

Milk and Ice Cream

Milk and milk-based products, including ice cream can cause diarrhea and other digestive problems for your dog. They can also trigger food allergies, which can cause them to uncomfortably itch.

Macadamia Nuts

As little as six raw or roasted macadamia nuts can make your pup sick. Look for symptoms like muscle shakes, vomiting, high temperature, and weakness in their legs. Eating chocolate with the nuts will make symptoms worse, and may even lead to death.


Basically, every dog owner knows that chocolate is bad for dogs. The problem in chocolate is theobromine. It's in various types of chocolate, even white chocolate. Chocolate can cause a dog to vomit and have diarrhea. It can also cause heart problems, tremors, seizures, and death.

if you suspect that your pet has eaten any of the above-mentioned foods, please note the amount ingested and contact your veterinarian or Animal Poison Control Center.


For More Dog Tips & Information, Follow Us on Instagram

You may also like

View all
Example blog post
Example blog post
Example blog post